Monday, October 6, 2008

Beginning Reader


Damon has really surprised us this last week. His Teacher is now sending books home every night that he has to read himself. I was really nervous about this because I didn't think he was ready for the responsibility of taking care of a book much less reading a book all by himself. Well much to my surprise when he brought home the first book he read it cover to cover without any help. He knows how to read! I mean of course they are beginning reader books, but I had no idea he would pick this up so quickly. I am very proud of him and so the next time you see him let him know you are proud of him too. Here's a picture of him reading to Grandma.

2 comments:

  1. Very impressive!! Tell him Aunt Kimmy says she is sooo proud of him! And also tell him I send a "blow it up" (when we put our fists together and then blow up our hands). XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how reading all of a sudden clicks for kids and opens up a whole new world!

    ReplyDelete